Timber production is an ongoing activity, with all estate woodland managed in-house and on a commercial yet sustainable basis. The woodland is an integral part of the estate and is a mix of hardwood and softwood plantations of various ages, knitted into the River Wear valley creating a diverse habitat and species rich environment for the abundant different wildlife to be found on the estate.
Occasionally areas are thinned or felled, with timber being utilised through the Lambton Logs enterprise or sold on the open market.
Lambton Logs are cut from timber taken only from estate woodland. All logs are naturally air dried hardwood logs and are sold by the trailer. Logs can be delivered.
Price on Application.
To enquire about logs, please contact the Estate Office. 0191 385 2435
Educational visits to Lambton Estates have been taking place for many years. Visitors enjoy a cultural and historical insights into the operations of an ever evolving estate.
Groups have included people interested in:
– Careers in the rural community
– History of the estate (for historical societies. The estate is a prime example of a property maintained by the same family over several generations)
– Wildlife and game conservancy
– Historic house preservation (for organisations interested in acquiring the knowledge as to how listed buildings can survive and adapt in the modern world)
– Decorative arts (for educational groups specializing in the decorative arts)
-Schools (children meet the estate staff and are shown a working farm, woodlands, a castle, a manor house, animals and all the aspects that contribute to making the estate what it is.)